I wasn't shocked at the video criticizing Disney movies. I'd heard it before. Problem is, I still decorate my bathroom in The Little Mermaid and still watch the movie over and over. I own three copies. I have the entire VHS collection of Disney movies at my mother's house in Kentucky. Well, when the movies were manufactured on VHS....
Anyway, this is one aspect of the class where I'm going to have to sit out and not shout, "This must stop! Women are being abused and misrepresented!"
I know deep down everything the video said was true, that Disney in fact does promote racist images and unrealistic portrayals of women to little girls and boys all across the globe.
Unfortunately, I'm still a believer in that damn castle whispering to me, "Dreams really can come true."
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment